This handmade, earthy copper and glass necklace comes with lava beads.
Designed and made here in the studio, beginning with the flame-torched glass bead. I’ve added hand-forged copper bead caps and Czech crystal dangles to complete the purple and green dot design. We also make the chain and then tumble it with steel shot for strength. All metal components are copper. We antique them to a rich, brown finish and seal.
I made the bead with a base of my favorite dark ivory glass. I created the organic spots by layering transparent colors, including a silvered-glass that reacts with dark ivory to create the black webbing. The purple dots have a hint of yellow to them and the small dots are earthy green. All my beads go directly from torch to kiln to be annealed for durability.
- Bead is 7/8 inch by 5/8 inch tall. Entire pendant is 1 1/2 inches.
- Handmade copper chain is 30 inches and includes a hook closure. The weight of the piece keeps the hook securely latched.
- The black, round lava beads are 12 mm or 1/2 inch.
- To request a shorter chain, simply leave a note at checkout telling me how long you’d like it. To request a longer chain, please contact me prior to purchasing.
- Comes in a recycled-content gift box.
Essential Oil Diffuser
The lava beads hold the scent of essential oils for hours. One or two drops are all you need.
Tip: Let the oils air dry or wipe off any excess before wearing the necklace so oils are not transferred to clothing.
Thanks so much for checking out my glass creations! 🙂